9.11.2006

forgive me mutha, for I have sinned

I've had a rough couple of days. bad food. not a lot of it, but just crappy enough to feel ungrounded from this thing they call Healthy Living. There was some snacking. Some snacking on cake, which requires coffee with which to wash cake down. So cake, and some other little treats, like a couple bite-sized brownies and a few maple mini-eclairs of teh devil, and I'm scratching my head right now, wondering how I could make such poor decisions. It's odd that the two days of bad eating at work were the two days I didn't ride my bike. I think it more than coincidence, and yet I don't have the full explanation-- yet. My day at home was fine-- clean eating, perfect tracking-- I was trying to make up for the black-out that was my time at work. And then I went to work again, somewhat exhausted (this is part of it, no?), for a long, stressful shift (another part of it, no?). I'm now thinking that I need to bring my own food to the job where one of the big perks is that food is provided. Or I need to go back to doing (my version of) CORE-- where I know (and act upon) what is allowed and what is not (or must be counted-- and I hate counting when I'm on CORE). So that's the big confession. And I want to exercise today and I'm really beat from that long day at work. So at some point I'm just gonna set out on the bike and see where I wind up, and I'm not gonna be so damned dogmatic about how many miles I get or how long I'm out, because at this point, it's about moving. It's about moving and feeling good and not being the exercop I sometimes am...and maybe it's about forgiving without forgetting.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM MDT, Blogger forward hope said...

Ah the line post-ellipsis...

I think that IS what it IS, right there. You won't forget. You'll make sure of it. ANd just enjoy the ride. Feel the body. You are moving and that is beautiful. Exercop can go sulk. Today it's about going easy, being gentle, quieting the voices within.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home