6.19.2006

where'd i put my routine?

I want it back. I want the predictability of it, the way it's more or less always there, the way I can count on it. I want the backdrop, the background, the (good) foundation. I know I'll find it again, but right now, this unsettledness, it's taxing. That's why I need to make me some carrot sticks. That may be the first thing I do in the new kitchen. Carrot sticks, and maybe figure out which drawer gets the knives (which, by the way, are all down in Olympia, at the knife-spa). It's not about boring routine. Nope, it's about having this healthy base from which to explore. Food is a big part of it, but so is an exercise routine, and I'm thinking it might be time to really focus on expanding that...but first, this business of moving.

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM MDT, Blogger forward hope said...

I think your routine is in that box over there, you know, the one at the bottom of the stack of boxes that was so heavy you had to solicit the help of a musclebound stranger just so you could get the damn things in the car. Yeah, that box, the seemingly inaccessible one. Better get to unpacking...

:) M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home