6.05.2006

stumbling through maintenance

I'm in maintenance mode. That means keeping within 2 lbs of my goal. So far so good, but it feels a little strange, because with the craz(ed)iness of life, I haven't felt particularly grounded in my food patterns.

Instead, it's been this general sense of balance-- counting points as best I can, but also striving to think of + and - in the more general sense, like if I had a big lunch, to go for a small dinner. I sometimes wonder if this is how the few (and far between) people who are sensible eaters approach things. Do they not overthink? But do they give it some thought?

Things will settle down soon, and in the meantime, I'm gonna try to get some of my framework back in place, to give me that sense of structure that I need.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM MDT, Blogger Maddy Avena said...

I think some people just have such a clear communication channel going on with their bodies that it's not a head thing or a head decision, but a body thing and a body decision. The head just notices maybe and goes along.
Rare people, those.

I've been brewing a blog entry about what I've been identifying as "the tipping point": The place where I can actually *feel* input go higher than outgo and my body starts to store fat. That is the feeling that I never used to pay attention to and therefore NEVER overthought my OVEReating. This is the mirror image of that, this thing you are describing.
I think (for me) that this is the very thing I'm striving towards, the feeling of that tipping point and not having to make those agonizing decisions or having those exhausting negotiations with myself.
It is getting softer and easier much more of the time.
I think there's hope for your questioned ideal.
M
(The other M)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home