1.08.2008

raven us (an ode to See's Candies)

1:30 pm on a Tuesday. There should be a song:

1:30 pm on a Tuesday
I'm writing my work life away
thinking about how I'm gonna make it
through another hungry day

Stomach says feed me, mind says no
any moment now the lid's gonna blow
off the 2 pound box of chocolates
some well meaning coworker bestowed
on me

Stine says to sit on it
but then I couldn't type
it's deep in the drawer behind me
and calling for some light

1:40 pm on a Tuesday
I'm blogging my hunger away
Herbal tea and almonds
apricots and pears
not sure how long this
resolve's gonna stay

There's lipstick on my mug
spelt pretzels in the drawer
I'm hoping for an end to this
fucked up untoward war

If Huckabee can do it, then fuckin' a,
I've got to get a handle on something today
I'll refill the teapot
Go take a walk &
Hope for the forward hope
that witnesses my frayed

Nerves this afternoon on a Tuesday
I'm calling in all bets
I'd rather hear my stomach roar
then eat more chocolate

Stiney says to sit on it
and that's close to what I'll do,
I'll put the box in the break room
for my co-workers to snorfle and chew.

(and.......cut)

Snorfle? O how I love language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home