12.10.2007

huladays (back to the gym i warily go)

Today I am going to attempt, for the first time since the second week of May, to go to the gym.

I told myself this morning: start slow. 15 minutes on the elliptical is all you need to do. Some crunches, perhaps even a few squats. That's it.

I figure that if I made it through the sum total of 5 hours in the dentist's chair last week--all the while with my head lower than my body--and I wasn't sent spinning, I can probably start back at the gym. Or at least try. It will be better to have a mere two weeks of exercise under my (stretched) belt prior to the Christmas holidays than nothing. I'll be in a more positive head space that way.

Admittedly, I'm worried that my lungs have suffered the most as a result of my long ordeal with VN...if I wasn't a HUGE proponent of medical marijuana before, I sure as hell am now. THC saved many a day for me, kept me from puking my guts out from sun up to sun down. Bless that beautiful plant. LEGALIZE IT! Tax the shit out of it! Just make it available to those who need it. Or want it. :)

So we'll see how this experiment at the gym goes. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also kind of scared...what if I can't make it the whole 15 minutes? What if I can only do 10 crunches?

Yeah, what if? I have to start (again) somewhere. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home