9.10.2007

all we are saying...

...is give fleece a chance.

Today, the high in Denver was 58 degrees. I am sitting on my couch with an afghan over my shoulders. And socks on. I think we're going to dust off the slow cooker soon. Yes, it's going to get back up into the 70's before this week is over. But that's not going to keep these thoughts from flowin'...thoughts of stews and soups and warming from the inside out. I am ready. I've forgotten the snapathy of last winter and I am actually ready for snow to fall again. Give me relentless cold over relentless heat any day. Within reason, of course.

Note to self: soaking bread in egg/milk mixture for 24 hours makes a killer could-almost-pass-for-a-souffle frittata. Add chevre and sauteed (fresh from the garden) zucchini, yellow crook neck squash and onion and you've got damn near breakfast nirvana. 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Just this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home