10.21.2007

Bike2K

This week I hit 2,000 miles of cycling on the year. No small feat, but also proof that slow an' steady might just win the race. Yep, it's a lot of miles, but they've been racked up over 10+ months, not in a I'm gonna go out and ride 70 miles today! kind of way, but more in the I gotta get my tired ass to work way. Repetition and necessity and the identification of this exercise as something I need for mental health have all come together to give me this thing that seems to keep me healthy. If you'd have told me 5 years ago that this would be a way of life for me, I might have shook my head, or shrugged, or even fantasized that it could be so. Change comes slow, in repeated doings, in pondering and questioning and pushing a teensy bit further when we find that little bit extra within ourselves. It also comes in laying low, resting, and building the strength to continue this growth with respect for the limitations of the body. What a surprise that I've gone to "eleven."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home