10.09.2007

oh the woes of winter-- er, Fall-- er, Winter

Last week I turned into kind of a sugar/wheat junkie. It made me itchy in the worst kind of way, so now I'm coming off the sugar thing, which means walking by that rack of freshly baked cookies repeatedly and feeling a little drool start, but not reaching my hand out to grab one. Instead, I shall indulge in Asian Pears.

This is the time of year when my body says
hey
whoa
there, there
isn't it time to take a break?
And it wants to slow down and get a little padding on and just lay low. To top it off, I'm pretty exhausted from my unsummer spent working 6 days a week (at least 8 hours a day). So this is the part in the movie where our heroine, battered and bruised, faces yet another big bad obstacle, and it's not clear if she's gonna beat this one, but she's gotta dig deep, as it were, into the reserves (or whatever tried and true cliche works for you) and pull out that last can of whoopass, 2007 .

(rummaging. fumbling. checking pockets)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home