2.15.2007

VD



I had a lovely valentine's day, thanks. For the record, I abhor Valentine's Day...it's just an excuse to spend money and do all those things that we should be doing for those we love every day anyway. But yesterday was different...yesterday, I needed an excuse to reach out and touch someone(s). I was aching for a little extra lovin'. I attended a memorial service in the afternoon that kicked my ass, and all I wanted to do was go inhale a garlic, onion, pineapple and jalepeno pizza, but instead I came home to the most touching scene in my very own house...candles lit, table set, wine, sea scallops, steamed broccoli...a card that reads "my wife...Next to you Beside You, Near You...that's where I always want to be." Yeah, it's got a little cheese mixed in with a whole lot of romantic, and I'll take it. What a blessing to return to this place of safety and comfort after a crazy ass day of work and just BE with my love and my animalia...to talk of the day's trials and laugh at how the more things stay the same, the more we are forced to change...to feel such pure love, after a decade together, how I still kiss those lips and get a charge all the way to the tips of my toes. THIS is what working through looks like, THIS is what hard-earned commitment tastes like. I eat and I eat and I eat, and I do not gain an ounce.

May it forever be so.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home