11.08.2008

outpost #8

Yesterday, before we got deep into the throes of it all, my therapist mentioned the slower metabolism that comes with Fall. It was like hearing it for the first time. Like finally getting some validation for the fact that the scale is up despite my normally sound intentions. Maybe outside validation is what it's all about for me right now. Or at least it helps. I'm also trying to understand how/where my body is keeping these extra pounds. Is any of it extra muscle from going up those ding-danged hills? Does that have to matter? In the bigger picture of emotional upheaval, just trying to hang on and not gain too much seems fair. I'm still riding. I'm still trying to pay attention to what I eat. I think it's all I can muster, and it is enough.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM MST, Blogger Maddy Avena said...

You said, " I'm still riding. I'm still trying to pay attention to what I eat. I think it's all I can muster, and it is enough."

Me too....just sub running/moving/doing yoga for riding. It is falling fall. The Bear has risen. My 152 is the same 152 of exactly 2 years ago. My summer 149 is the same 149 of last summer. Empirical knowledge is very comforting.
xo
Maddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home