3.10.2008

Buzz is Born

This was a landmark weekend. Not only did I get out and do a substantial hike on Saturday, complete with serious snow traversing and lots of heart pumping elevation gains, but I also BOUGHT A NEW BIKE on Sunday.

I think it was the feeling i had on Saturday, post-hike...it was like I was back in Montana again, back in my old (read: more active) skin, feeling what it's like to be worn slam out from physical activity. I miss that feeling. Even waking up on Sunday sore as hell I was so happy...it was GOOD to feel that soreness, knowing that it came from pushing my body to new limits. I want so badly to get back into shape!! And I finally feel like most of my health woes are behind me, and I CAN start back with a regular exercise routine.

With this reminder in my pocket, then, as well as some very important research that I'd done with Stine re: certain types of bikes, I headed to the REI flagship store and took some test rides. I settled on a Novarra Buzz, 19 in. "men's" bike, gun metal grey with red accents, very understated. I liked the way it fit me, and it's considered a commuter with benefits, meaning that I could go off road with it if I wanted to. The whole experience made me want to learn some basic bike maintenance, so maybe I'll try to find a class, but of course, what I really want is a weekend in Seattle with Stine and Jolene (and the newest member of the family, Fargo the Cargo Bike*), and a session at the ultimate Stiney B Bike Clinic.

Short of that, I'll get some tips from my neighbor...and RIDE! Wooohoooo!

*i have taken liberties in naming the Cargo Bike--for all I know its name is Jambon.

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM MDT, Blogger Stine said...

this is major stokage.

Oh, and the hauler-- the model's the Big Dummy, but we call her Big Maybelle-- although I'm thinking of doing a bike-based personal chef/catering biz and calling it "Big Yummy." That way I just have to alter the D on the original decal and I'll be SO in business...

 
At 9:16 AM MDT, Blogger Maddy Avena said...

Mazel Tov! Long may you ride! Long happy life to you and Buzz!!!
Yeeeehaw!!!!!!!!!!!
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home