2.20.2008

up one side and down again

It must be Spring. I mean, I'm up way too early, and I just want to get out of the house and move.

Yesterday morning I felt the same way, and so I decided, before I even left the house, to take a little detour. When I got to Fremont, I pulled off the BG trail and made my way over to Fremont Avenue NW. All these years of being a Seattleite (what, 4 or 5 of 'em now), I've never ridden up Fremont. In fact, I've avoided riding up it. Back when I went to school in Shoreline, I'd barrel down it on that last leg home, but no, I never faced climbing it.

Yesterday's ride was a demystification of sorts. I discovered that Fremont is really no worse (perhaps easier, even) than my old climb up Harvard and 10th to Capitol Hill. Sure, my heart got to beating and I got to breathing heavily, but I never felt like, "ah, no way. time to turn around."

It felt like a victory of sorts, like there's yet another route (to/from) at my disposal. Oh, and a wee workout I can squeeze in on either side of my workday.
- - - - - - - -

Fremont Avenue in the Fall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home