3.29.2007

catch and swallow

Mere minutes ago I got into a slight altercation with a tub of almond butter.

There was celery, there was crunching, there was tongue to roof of mouth action.

Two stalks of celery. Two tablespoons or so of almond butter. Or so. But really, not half the container or anything. I am trying to lose weight here.
(eye on the prize)
It's snowing. Again. Have I written that somewhere else on the blog perhaps? Surely I have, given how many times I have looked up from this computer screen and seen snow falling through a slice of picture window, book ended by curtains.

What I've eaten today:

I cup Kashi Vive cereal (I actually like it) with 2% milk
Leftover spaghetti (marinara) with turkey meatballs (about two cups pasta, one cup too many, and three meatballs [according to the package, a serving is 4])
Celery and almond butter.

Water. Water. Canada Dry Cheerful Cherry Sparkling Seltzer Water. Water. Water and water.

It's strange to see a spray of bright daffodils
trumpeting right below a window
outside of which snow blows sideways.
We thought spring was here. And it is, but this is Colorado.

Juxtapositions.
And shadows that we catch and swallow.

Decided then. I'm not going down with the almond butter ship. Veggie burger with sauteed onions (no bun) for dinner, some baked beans (not CORE but fuck 'em), a salad. When the wife comes home, we'll dust off the George Foreman grill and have ourselves a little indoor spring blizzard BBQ.

Preparations for dinner to the rescue!
Eschewing more immediate chewing,
that's what I'll do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home