3.23.2007

what, me? Human?

Over the course of the past few minutes, I have engaged in what is, for me, an almost age-old debate. It goes like this:

TO RIDE, OR NOT TO RIDE?

It doesn't have to do with rain. It has to do with tired, and night-time returning and Friday night-time returning, and the prospect of working 11 (or so) hours and then attempting to navigate myself home.

So the decision to take the bus, it's not that weird, really. And there's a good 30 - 40 minutes of walking in there, too.

The part I have to deal with is the little voice that wonders if this means I'm done exercising. If this bus-commute in will be the gateway drug.

Nope.

And how odd, that in honoring my level of exhaustion (and how physical my job really is) that I should work so rapidly (and stealtfully) to the conclusion that I am destined to become some kind of slacker.

Perhaps it's time to watch STAR WARS again, to watch that whole trust the force, Luke bit... maybe not. Maybe I'll just trust myself without the saga.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM MDT, Blogger Danni said...

I know exactly what you mean. My back is driving me a little bonkers at this moment, and I'm debating how nice it would be to borrow a car and use that to get into town rather than taking Agnes. And there is a voice telling me that I'm cheating (but it'll be raining! and my back hurts! and I'm tired!) but it's still there...

But good for you for listening to the voice asking for respite

 
At 12:23 PM MDT, Blogger forward hope said...

it seems to me that the trusting of one's self is more than half the battle--you're not saying Nope, not gonna ride for awhile, you're saying TODAY I'm gonna take a break. And that kind of self permission cannot become the equivalent to a slippery slope, because we all need to learn how to push those boundaries and when to back off. I think you're on the right singletrack, dear stiney. I think you're stalking the elusive B word quite successfully...

Onward (as I ready myself for my first personal training appointment...)

!!
FoHo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home