10.20.2006

from fajitas to cake to ale and back again


Time to catch my breath.

The wedding celebration/reception was amazing. We danced, we cried, we ate yummy cake...it was better than Cats. WAY better. My entire family was here and they seemed to have a great time, and just that made my year. I will not soon forget all of us on the dance floor getting jiggy to the Talking Heads' classic, Once in a Lifetime.

So now it's all about refocusing. I have been so off the healthy eating wagon these past two weeks that I fear getting back on is going to take some monumental work, but I can do it. Winter is kicking in, so I'm carb-ing up...I can feel my body craving bread, pasta and the like. Last night a somewhat stale jalapeno cheddar bagel warmed for 15 seconds in the microwave was pretty close to edible Nirvana.

Something about marriage makes me feel invincible. Open to so many possibilities. I married such an amazingly kind, generous, funny, talented, gentle, beautiful woman. I feel so lucky. Love deepens, love blooms. Hoaky as it all may sound, I remain the blushing bride, and hope the color does not fade from my cheeks for a millenia.

Here's to the future...good health, good lovin', and the neverending warmth of friends.

Now where's my lunch?

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM MDT, Blogger GinaP said...

Welcome back! Missed reading you.

Can I interest you in a nice carrot stick? A refreshing glass of water garnished with a curl of lemon peel? A potato casserol -- er, steamed veggies? ;)

I hear you on the Fall carb dive. Pasta, potatoes, bread... it's all I crave.

 
At 11:26 PM MDT, Blogger Maddy Avena said...

Mazel Tov! You both look so beautiful and so very happy.

Blessings on your sweet faces.

Now please come back to the ROARS thread and fill us in, fill us up, shower us with stories and let us shower you with some lovings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home