3.17.2006

a confession

oops. I drank too much beer this afternoon.

We'd just finished the quarter, and I'd budgeted for one pint, but then I had two. And then I had a couple bites of cake and 2 little pieces of quesadilla and I could be beating myself up over this, but it was a birthday/end of the quarter celebration on St. Patrick's day, and at one point, the whole bar was singing "Sweet Caroline," and for a brief second I felt like I could, quite easily, make out with all my classmates. But I didn't. I had two beers and some food, and I wrote it all down and it's not the end of the world, and it's not cause for celebration, either. Beer and cake are not a way of life. In fact, they've become quite rare, and it felt decadent, over the course of a few hours, to partake, consciously, in these treats. I did not, however, partake in making out, despite the fact that everyone (even the boys) looked so cute to me. I did, however, partake in my March of the Penguins imitation. This involves me dropping my hands at the wrist (as though flippers/wings) and alternating each buttock up and down in my chair as though wiggling an egg into place on top of my non-existent penguin feet. It's actually a nice bit of exercise, and it feels good when you're sitting in one of those captain-style chairs at a big wooden table on the last Friday of the quarter.

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM MST, Blogger forward hope said...

You had every reason to celebrate. No unnecessary bruises allowed, k? Just move on from here. Heck, there WILL be two beers consumed (at least) when the time comes for us to have our own day in the sun (pub)...

But then we'll walk for two hours too.

Onward,

M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home