4.13.2006

just say NO to fruit tart

it was just sitting there-- one single piece-- up for grabs in the student lunch room. I salivated at the sight of it. I could taste the pastry cream. I could taste the berries. I'm the only one who would have felt the conflict-- the tipping of the balance from reasonable to un-. These are secret wars waged within. These are the things I need to think about that I think no one else considers. I know I'm wrong. But when I'm high upon my pity pony (it's a very big breed),no one goes through what I do on a daily basis.

I was not on my pity pony today. I did the ol' vini.vidi.vici. with that dessert. There may have been a little stutter-step as I walked by, but I kept on going. Perhaps a phantom twitch of the fingers, but my arms stayed at my sides.

I am hooked on phonics! I am learning to read!

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM MDT, Blogger forward hope said...

WOOOOOOFUCKINHOOOO! All the small victories add up, yes they do. Soon you'll be a master of polysyllabics...wait, I think you already are.

MSH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home